The Cub Cadet RZT S Series is a line of residential riding mowers. While the four conventional models utilize Kohler Courage gasoline-powered engines, Cub Cadet has recently expanded the line into the unconventional. The new RZT S Zero is the only mower with four-wheel steering, steering wheel control, and electric power. As such, it occupies a unique niche in its market and represents a leap forward in residential riding mower technology.
Features and Benefits
- Electric Power: The Cub Cadet RZT S Zero’s electric motors bring several benefits to the table. No engine sound greatly reduces the machine’s noise signature and improves the air quality. The electric mower is also much easier to service; belt services, oil changes, and constant refueling are all no longer factors in owning a residential riding mower. The electric motor brings ease of maintenance, low running costs, and comfortable operation, all of which substantially improve the machine’s utility for residential operators.
- Four-Wheel Steering with Wheel Control: The RZT S Zero uses four-wheel steering for improved stability and tracking when riding across hills. It also uses conventional steering wheel controls instead of the bar systems found on the base model RZT Series and Z-Force Series mowers. This allows for greater precision and a more intuitive control system for residential operators.
- Zero Turning Radius: The RZT S Zero has a zero turning radius, allowing operators to mow right up to the edge of the lawn. A turning radius of zero eliminates the need to mow unattended patches of grass, which ensures a more uniform and professional cut. For users with small trees and gardens requiring precise placement of a mower’s blades, this feature is invaluable.
- The Cub Cadet Signature Cut: The Signature Cut is a system that combines anti scalp wheels with a unique deck design to improve the quality of the cut. The deck slopes at the front and has a pointed front edge, which allows the blades to catch the rebounding grass.
- User-Friendliness: All four RZT S Series mowers have an array of features designed to improve the ease of use for residential operators. In addition to the intuitive steering wheel operation, operators enjoy the comforts of a high-back adjustable seat. Each mower starts electrically and has an electronic power take off clutch that engages by hand. A pedal operated parking brake, hour meter, and SmartJet high-pressure deck washing system are all standard.
- Modularity: The RZT S Series mowers are available with a wide array of optional accessories. Owners may purchase factory utility carts in various sizes, spreaders, double baggers, and vacuum kits. This makes the mower suitable for any task from mulching to seeding to cleaning.
- Motor and Drive System: The RZT S Zero uses two direct drive motors for the deck and two more to drive the machine. The speeds are infinitely variable up to the machine’s top speed of up to six miles per hour. The motors are powered by four 48 volt batteries that provide power for up to 60 minutes.
- Recharging System: Cub Cadet includes a Smart Charger with the RZT S Zero that is capable of recharging the machine in 10 to 16 hours.
- Deck: The RZT S Zero uses a 12-gauge stamped steel deck that houses two high-lift blades with a cutting width of 42 inches. Cutting height is adjustable to eight positions between 1.5 and 4 inches. The deck is also equipped with four anti-scalping wheels.
- Frame: The RZT S Series uses a heavy-duty full-channel frame made from 12-gauge steel. This is the same type of durable frame offered in the standard gasoline-powered RZT S Series mowers.
- Dimensions: The RZT S Zero measures 80 inches long, 50 inches wide, and 36 inches tall.
Purchasing and Servicing a Cub Cadet RZT S Zero
To purchase a new RZT S Zero, contact your local Cub Cadet dealer for ordering details. While the RZT S Zero requires less maintenance than a conventional mower, common wear items like blades and tires will eventually require replacement. Whether seeking to make a repair, service the mower, or simply obtain new accessories for your RZT S Zero, Ralph Helm Inc.’s Lawn Equipment Center has everything that you could need to ensure that your mower performs optimally all year round.